With a provincial lockdown still in effect, most public gatherings remain off-limits for the Victoria Day weekend, although restrictions have been eased on outdoor recreational activities.
Most London, Ont., retail stores are closed on Monday, but some pharmacies and even a few beer stores will be open.
The province’s decision to lift the ban on many outdoor recreational activities means golfers are in luck this weekend.
Both of London’s city-owned golf courses, Fanshawe and Thames Valley, are open for business. You can book a tee time here.
The city has also opened:
- Soccer pitches
- Baseball diamonds
- Tennis courts
- Basketball courts
- Skate parks
- Picnic areas and park shelters
- Outdoor exercise equipment
Anyone who uses any of the amenities listed above, including golf courses, is required to practice physical distancing. Team sports or practices are not allowed at this time.
Grocery, beer and liquor stores
- All major grocery chains are closed on the holiday. However, garden centres at all Metro stores in London will be open, weather permitting, except for the Byron location.
- Most beer stores are closed, except for two in London:
- 1080 Adelaide Street North – 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 414 Wharncliffe Rd. S. – Drive-thru only 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- All LCBO stores are closed
- All Rexall pharmacies are open Victoria Day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Shoppers Drug Mart has three stores open:
- 1224 Commissioners Rd. W., Byron – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 1225 Wonderland Rd. N., Sherwood Forest Mall – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 510 Hamilton Rd. – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
COVID Assessment Centres
Both of London’s COVID-19 assessment centres are open on the holiday:
- Carling Assessment Centre will operate from 9:00 AM to 7:00 p.m.
- Oakridge Assessment Centre will be open from 9:00 AM to 5:00 p.m.
- Online booking is available for both Assessment Centres here.
- Telephone booking will be unavailable on Monday. Phone lines will open again on Tuesday, May 25, at 9:00 AM.
Banks, Govt offices
- All and government offices at all levels will be closed on Victoria Day
- No mail delivery or garbage collection
- London Transit is operating a holiday/Sunday schedule.
- See individual schedules for route specific changes: